Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Know about bluetooth phone useing


Drive those Blue away

Can’t I access the internet, my phone has Bluetooth?” This was a question from an ex-colleague, and I readily looked down upon her and said, “Dude! Those are two different concepts, how can bluetooth allow someone to access Internet.”
I went back and told some of my tech-savvy friends about this, and they said this is common query. But, everyone has a bluetooth compatible phone today and don’t they know what it is, if they have shelled out a few tens of thousands for the same?
Now, coming back to this question that my ex-colleague had asked me, there is a whole lot of different between accessing internet on your mobile and bluetooth. It is GPRS on your phone that connects to the world wide web.
So what is bluetooth then? Bluetooth is a like radio frequency. If I own a particular frequency and you have a compatible device, than you can access what I am playing. For instance, if you are tuning into a radio, it is because they have shared their frequency.
A Bluetooth device allows you to do the same. With a Bluetooth enabled phone. You can send the photographs you have clicked or songs that you have downloaded in your phone to another one.
Another common misconception is that bluetooth is considered the same as infrared.
Bluetooth can function without the phone or device connected physically, while infrared is something that cannot function that way. Infrared phone need to be placed next to each other ond only then connected.
So the next tome you want to access the Internet on your phone, get your self a GPRS enabled phone, a Bluetooth just cannot do the same. for free eing tones to your mobile see this website http://freeringtonestoyourmobile.googlepages.com

No comments: